Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fainting and amazing authors

I wanted to share a couple of quotes from a couple of amazing (SERIOUSLY amazing) authors who have read Entangled.

The first is from Simmone Howell, author of Everything Beautiful and Notes from the Teenage Underground:

"I was glued to the page. Smiling one minute and getting all choky the next. Grace's voice was so clear, tough and tender - I didn't know if I wanted to shake her or hug her (in the end I settled on hugs).

Next up is Courtney Summers, author of Some Girls Are and Cracked Up To Be:

"ENTANGLED is an intense and thrilling story of love and betrayal that goes places you don't expect and Grace is a narrator you won't forget. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down."

I am beyond thrilled that Simmone and Courtney enjoyed my book. They both happen to be writers I hugely admire, which makes it extra-specially thrilling. If you haven't read their books, I suggest you do so.


In other Entangled news, I found out this week that someone FAINTED while reading it. And not just cos she had low blood-sugar levels or summat like that... She fainted because of the actual words on the page! Um... Wow. When I first heard this, I was horrified. I mean, no one expects/wants their book to cause anyone bodily harm, do they? But then I thought about it some more... And I hate to admit this, but I got a bit of a kick out of it. Does that make me a little bit evil? Actually, don't answer that.

11 comments:

  1. Haha! No don't worry not evil!
    She wasn't indifferent to your book (clearly) and that is what is cool about it! She probably won't forget it (personally, I won't forget het :) )

    And the quotes are really amazing! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually scared to read Day 15 onwards now because I am a serious wimp and I am hoping that Entangled does not have mutilated body parts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Caroline!

    Becky- No need to be scared! Think she fainted reading a bit pretty early on, so you've probably already read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as my son would say: good that you had someone fainted.

    I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone fainted? WOW...

    And congratulations on the quotes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! now THAT is a reaction! congrats on the amazing comments- sounds like ENTANGLED is going to be HUGE! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks lovelies! N.B. I will not be held responsible if anyone else faints. (To be honest, I don't think they will... I reckon Fainting Girl must be particularly delicate.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting, what great comments to get from authors you admire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read it! I've never heard of anyone fainting while reading my books, but I've seen FIVE people faint while I've been talking about one of mine - Fleshmarket. I confess to being rather thrilled about this, though, for safety reasons, I have now toned down my talk. Or at least i watch the colour of the audience's faces while I speak, so that I can judge how they are feeling and act accordingly...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, I'm taking this fainting thing as a challenge. If I faint while reading it, I'm a wuss. If I don't, I'm like a bookworm version of Katniss. Right? Er... definitely intrigued, either way.

    Fabulous quotage, too. I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that must be cool to have people you look up to say they couldn't put your book down! now thats a compliment! (And someone fainting - its definitely not evil to like it!!)

    ReplyDelete