Saturday, October 23, 2010

NaFiNoWriMo

Yes, that's right. Not NaNoWriMo. NaFiNoWriMo is where I'll be at in November. For those who don't know, National Novel Writing Month is when a bunch of crazy dedicated people knuckle down for the month of November and write a WHOLE novel (50,000 words or more) in thirty days. Impressive, no?

This is the first year that I've really, really wanted to join in. And I can't. And that makes me frowny. The reason I can't participate is The Deadline (January), and my self-imposed first draft deadline, which happens to coincide with the end of NaNoWriMo. So I will be immersed in National Finish Novel Writing Month. Not quite so exciting, but hopefully the sense of achievement will still be there. After all, it's not every day you finish writing a novel. Unless you write really, really short novels.

So I'd like to wish everyone who's brave enough to NaNo HUGE amounts of good luck. As for those of you who aren't crazy brave, you should probably come up with a crappy fake challenge like mine so you don't feel too left out for the month of November.

10 comments:

  1. Yay good luck! NaFiNoWriMo has a lovely ring to it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours isn't fake! I'll join in yours :) I might extend my to the end of December, life depending. I'm going to be writing The Droplet Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carly!

    Nayuleska - this time next year EVERYONE will be talking about NaFiNoWriMo. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing NaNoWriMo next month - very excited! Good luck with your version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, MC! I don't think you're at all crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plan on using the month to get through a second draft. This one, for reasons unknown to me, is kicking my ass. Good luck on finishing yours! (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too was planning to have a go at NaNoWriMo this year but as my OH is still in hospital it's not going to happen. Good luck with your NaFiNoWriMo. I love that acronym. It sounds as if you'll be spending the whole month in an old fashioned canteen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing NaNo secretly to motivate myself to get the first draft of novel 2 finished.

    Love the cover of your book - very enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to join in some form of NaNo this year, but since I'm crazy busy there's no chance. I'm promising myself that I'll keep the whole of November 2011 free to do it though. With any luck it'll be a NaFiNoWriMo too by then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I reckon I'm going to do NaCheEatMo.

    I'm sorry, I'm being silly, this is a serious blog!

    ReplyDelete