Thursday, December 30, 2010

One week to go

Here's one of those sneaky copies of Entangled that escaped into the wild a bit early. Notice how it's snuggling up to Harlan Coben for warmth. Bless.


So it's seven days until the official publication date. 

2010 has been the worst year of my life, by some considerable distance. 2011 can't possibly be any worse. After all, I've been eagerly awaiting 2011 since getting the book deal in November 2009. And now it's almost here. The year I've been waiting for. And yet nothing is how I imagined it to be. Instead of bouncing off the walls with excitement, I'm sort of melancholic and wistful. But there's seven days to go and a lot can change in seven days. I shall endeavour to Get Excited.

Any tips?

I hope 2010 has been kind to you, and I hope 2011 is even kinder. See you on the other side!

12 comments:

  1. 2010 was the year I discovered reading again ... And YA books! I am hoping 2011 will be the year I catch up on all the good stuff I've missed :)

    I have 2 copies of Entangled on pre-order, which is actually so annoying when I've also seen it on the shop shelves. I hope my copies hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat, I know exactly how you feel, but it's nearly time now! I've been checking the shelves in my local bookshops for Entangled, and will buy the first one I see. I'll let you know when.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Slowest Bookworm- Two copies?! Excellent! Sounds like you have a very busy year of catching up on YA (make sure you read ELSEWHERE, Gabrielle Zevin).

    Sue- Not long for you, either! Can't wait to read SMALL BLUE THING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. exciting stuff - I can't wait to get my email from amazon saying they've sent it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well 2010 has not been the best year for me either. It started badly and it didn't really pick up. I'm a cup half full kind of girl though and so I 100% believe 2011 will rock my muliticoloured socks. And as for excitement, walk into a shop, see your book on the shelf and squeal everyone into buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kirsty!

    Becky- I hope 2011 is a fabulous year for you. I reckon multicoloured socks are a pretty good start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2010 seems to have been a pretty crappy year for a lot of people (me included) so I'm remaining positive that 2011 is going to be a fab year. It had better be LOL

    So excited that I can read Entangled soon - it's going to be my first book of 2011 :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I for one cannot wait to get hold of my copy of Entangled. :)

    I summed up my 2010 experience on my blog, though the year was busy it feels like it just blinked by!

    Love your blog Cat, can't wait for more. Chin up, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah- Let's make 2011 a good 'un!

    Dawn- Sounds like 2010 was a big year for you! Am sending you good-luck-on-sub vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog's amazing, Cat! Can't wait to read Entangled now. All the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Cat! I hope that you have a fantastic 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for you Cat! :D (But, err, why have they got it shelved in adult fiction...?)

    ReplyDelete